Scores of students of Oti Boateng Senior High School in Koforidua, Eastern Region, have been hospitalised over what school authorities suspect to be food poisoning.
The students reportedly complained of stomach upset after eating Waakye from a vendor from the school’s bush canteen.
Waakye is a popular Ghanaian delicacy prepared with rice and beans.
Dozens of the affected students were rushed to the Regional Hospital for treatment.
School authorities are yet to comment on the matter.
Source: Ghanaweb news